Golden Bay Lodge is a great place for action or to unwind.
Whether you love kayaking, mountain biking, native bush walks & wildlife or simply relaxing, Golden Bay offers an outdoor paradise.
Activities from Golden Bay Lodge, Takaka
- Explore the bay and nearby coastline on our kayaks .
- Short walks or longer day walks.
- Swimming from the sandy beach.
- Rest & relax in our organic landscaped gardens.
- Visit Takaka’s thriving local art & craft studios.
- Wildlife watching – see native sea & bush birds.
- Enjoy the outdoor spa.
Explore Golden Bay
Stroll on a spectacular surf beach… Dive into crystal clear waters clean enough to drink (Salisbury Swing Bridge near Collingwood – above). Climb down into a huge gaping cavemouth … Feel the spray from a postcard-perfect waterfall… Head up into alpine country and take a dip in a crystal clear lake… It’s all here.
You can explore Golden Bay as long as you like. Golden Bay is a beautiful place – and there’s so much to see – you’ll never see it all…
Wharariki Beach is a beach west of Cape Farewell, the northernmost point of the South Island of New Zealand. The north-facing sandy beach is accessible via a 20-minute walking track from the end of Wharariki Road.